Wanted: Back End Developer
Do you want to work remotely with a company that are fun, hard working and deliver excellence ? If the answer is yes, then read further.
We are looking to hire a backend developer that will work closely with our team at Thunderbite to produce engaging products for our customers. Your skills will be mostly creating the backend of the applications but knowledge about frontend development is a bonus, but not required.
Your job would be to develop engaging promotional games / campaigns for our clients, both existing and new which will be hosted on clients websites.
We are a company that builds and provides marketing promotions for clients with a special emphasis on the Gaming industry. The campaigns Thunderbite delivers are bespoke and we are always open to new concepts and innovative ways of working to produce a quality service.
In order to do this well, we are all passionate, highly motivated and extremely proud of what we do and we are looking for another individual that possesses those attributes. We all work in separate locations and even separate countries so logistics isn’t a priority, but you have to be able to work independently though still as a part of a team, your communication skills are therefore one of the keys to success.
We aim to be the best at what we do and need a talented backend developer that is both eager and determined to produce games within our promotions that are exciting, new and engaging that will surprise, please and bring our whole game range to the next level.
Have a look at our website for reference https://www.thunderbite.com
The skills we are looking for
- In-depth practical experience with Laravel and MySQL
- Experience with managing production servers through SSH and Laravel Forge
- RESTful Web APIs and JSON
- Strong debugging skills
- You will be required to analyse and identify bottlenecks in performance
- Fluent English, both written and spoken
- A non 9 to 5 mentality
Bonus points for experience with
- Working remotely
- Managing your own time
- Any frontend experience
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Pay: dependent on what you bring to the table
- Full-time role
- Based anywhere around the world
How to apply
We would love to see some examples of your work, engaging, interactive apps / demos built with the skill-set required for the job, your Github account, your blog (if you have one) and a cover letter with answers to at least the following questions:
- Why would you like to work with Thunderbite?
- Can you share at least one piece of work you are really proud of and which falls inline with the job specifications.
- Can you give us a brief description about your background, how do you work, what motivates you and how do you manage to work remotely?
Please send all of the above in one email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We promise to personally respond to every single application that at least has the word “raspberry” mentioned in the cover letter, so we can easily filter out the time wasters that have not read this specification.
We hope to hear from you soon!